Saturday, March 14, 2009

brilliant and lovely!


Paris, Je t'aime (Paris, I love you)...


The perfect Friday evening: vegetable stir-fry and an indie film with my dear friend, Kathleen Perez.

Browsing through my past blogs, I've noticed that love is something I can't avoid writing about.

Paris, je T'aime was a wonderful film that portrayed love in ways that gave me butterflies, made me laugh, ached my heart as well as left me wondering. The foreign film brought together 18 short films created by 21 acclaimed directors (from the Cohen brothers, to Wes Craven and Gus Van Sant). Enabling brilliant actors (such as Juliette Binoche, to Natalie Portman, Nick Nolte and Willem Dafoe) to depict lost, growing, true, parental, innocent, addictive, and rekindled love among a city famous for lovers was a shoe-in, and it's no surprise that a hopeless romantic like myself was inspired by the creative juices of this film.

2 comments:

  1. hey thats me! the dear friend!! next time lets make curry and miso soup again hehe and watch wackness, the movie richard's been raving about...call me when u get back from vegas! =)

    ReplyDelete