Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let's make it a year to celebrate

This cool Sunday evening wraps up an extremely fulfilling weekend. Surprised that January only has one more week this year, I am satisfied with the many outings and homebody moments I have been able to enjoy thus far.

My older sister has been spending time with me every weekend since I returned to Irvine in the final stretch of my undergraduate career. She's been doing big things and finally embracing an experience for some long-deserved opportunity to live away from home...gaining some management training in Long Beach. The best part, as her baby sister is being able to meet up and dine on meals we've whipped up together while watching episodes of The Office.

I got to rejuvenate my mind today...Sunday mass, a powerful movie (which deserves its own post to follow) and of course...music of the ukulele played with good company.

Overall, January has been really lovely. A huge family gathering happened last week to celebrate our Lola's 91st birthday. Uncles, Aunts, cousins and other loved ones gathered at my family's home in Las Vegas to bring a priceless smile and warmth to a woman so special. I love you Lola Coring! Aside from watching her 8 children grow to have beautiful families of their own, she has always been there to assist in watching over her countless grand and great-grandchildren. I thank God everyday for having my family. My lola is an example of how much happiness a family's love can generate.

I'm blessed with such a fresh life...still young...but slowly and surely ripening with each day, month and year. Every friendship and celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment